At Werrington Primary, we pride ourselves on our open, caring and honest ethos. If you see or hear or are told anything that you are concerned about, please do speak to one of our trained and designated child protection personnel:
Mrs Liz McGrath - Designated Safeguarding Lead and Temporary Prevent Lead
Mrs Rachel Simmons - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and Prevent Lead
Mr Clive Moody - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Bryoney Abell - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Werrington Primary fully recognises the responsibility it has under section 175 of the Education Act 2002, to have arrangements in place to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
This responsibility is more fully explained in the statutory guidance for schools and colleges ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2023). All staff are aware of their duties and responsibilities under Part One of this document.
Through their day-to-day contact with pupils and direct work with families, all staff in school have a responsibility to:
- Identify concerns early to prevent them from escalating;
- Provide a safe environment in which children can learn;
- Identify children who may benefit from early help;
- Know what to do if a child tells them he/she is being abused or neglected;
- Follow the referral process if they have a concern.