Online Safety Tips for Parents
- Ask your children to tell you about the sites they like to visit and what they enjoy doing online.
- Ask them about how they stay safe online. What tips do they have for you, and where did they learn them? What is OK and not OK to share?
- Ask them if they know where to go for help, where to find the safety advice, privacy settings and how to report or block on the services they use.
- Encourage them to help. Perhaps they can show you how to do something better online or they might have a friend who would benefit from their help and support.
- Think about how you use the internet as a family. What could you do to get more out of the internet together and further enjoy your lives online?
There are lots of great resources online that can help you understand how to keep your children safe online. This link provides lots of information, as well as giving you the opportunity to take and online safety test to see what you know and understand about online safety:
Here is another great website you can read to learn more:
For more vulnerable children or those with SEND, please see: