Homework – feedback: We would like to thank the parents/carers who took the time to complete the Homework Questionnaire which was made available via paper and on line.
Homework – feedback: We would like to thank the parents/carers who took the time to complete the Homework Questionnaire which was made available via paper and on line. The response sample represents 25% which as far as surveys go is deemed an average response. We have also completed a Pupil Survey which represents 40% of our pupil population. The working group have met to consider the parental survey and are due to meet on our return from the Easter holiday.
Some of the headlines from this survey are:
Summary of Findings from the Parent Questionnaire:
• 78% said that homework tasks were useful and important. 8% disagreed the rest were either not sure or chose
not to respond.
• Model B was selected as the preferred model 66% (streamlining across the school with a weekend in between),
Model A 22% (current model) and Model C 12% (an alternative suggested by the parent)
Summary of Findings from the Pupil Questionnaire:
• 90% of pupils felt homework was important and helps them to understand and progress
• 84% said that they had someone at home to help and support them with their homework
• 60% said that they thought homework should be set fortnightly.
Paper versions will be displayed on the various notice boards in school.